Good (Too Good, #1) - S. Walden
Reading 'Good' was a struggle. I had high expectations and I’m incredibly disappointed. I can't remember a time when I was so frustrated and angry while reading a book and I don’t know how many times I thought about giving up on reading it. If I had to sum-up this reading experience...cue the shock…or not.The exaggeration behind some situations, that were suppose to be shocking, never allowed me to feel that. There were some extreme scenes that only revealed a clear intention to shock the reader, and in my opinion some of them didn't make sense and some moments were disturbingly stupid. So, if I had to use only a word to describe this book it would be... Flasher.There's a purpose to shock, just for the sake of it and that affected my interested in the story and its credibility.Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty open-minded and this feeling is in no way caused by the teacher-student taboo/ age difference between the characters or the religious elements in this story. What I found really disturbing about this book was the way the author opted to develop the relationship between Cadence and Mark, there's no 'connection' between them, there's no passion, it’s awkward, weird and ridiculous, but most of all, and like others already stated, Mark acts like a creep and a predator, so in my opinion, romanticizing the character and this kind of relationship it's not acceptable and I can’t point out anything positive about it.That said, according to the GR rating system and, despite the writing quality, if I rated this book 2 stars it would mean 'it was ok' and well, I have to be honest, this was not ok, at all.'Good' in one sentence:This is wrong, but if feels so…wrong.This is my opinion and I would never discourage someone to read a book,so if you're interested, see for yourself.