Collide (Collide, #1) - Gail McHugh
4.5 'give me a bottle cap Gavin' Stars LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this book! I've read 'Collide' one time already, but since the sequel was just released I felt the need to re-read it and like the first time, I caught myself really enraptured by this story. It's difficult to translate all its itensity, but let's do a really quick recap: In 'Collide' we meet 'Emily',She recently lost her mother and moved to New York to be close to her boyfriend 'Dillon'. At first he seems like the perfect boyfriend, supportive and loyal, but first impressions can be deceiving...So, 'Emily' starts a new job and she meets 'Gavin Blake' aka "Mr. Tall, Dark, and Fuckable Handsome", rich and powerful, she thinks he is a player, but like in Damien's case, appearances can be deceptiveThere's an instant connection between Emily and Gavin, but of course she avoids and rejects all his advances, the problem is, Gavin and Dillon are friends (not best friends but, they have a friendly relationship) which means that it's impossible for Gavin and Emily to avoid each other... As time passes by, the feelings they have for each other just intensifies. Emily is really conflicted and she fights her feelings for Gavin who is described as "her worst nightmare and her wettest dream", but "Mr. Tall, Dark, and F*ckable Handsome" is relentless and the chemistry between the two of them is off the charts, so the sexual tension in this book has epic proportions and GOD I have to say that 'Gavin Blake' is P.E.R.F.E.C.T., really, just see for yourself! So all the sexual tension can only lead to...OH Dear, just be prepare to be blown away by 'Gavin Blake', he will leave you breathless...Every part of you was made for me. Your lips were made to kiss mine, your eyes were made to wake up to me looking at you in my bed every morning, and your f***ing tongue was made to roll my name off of it. I am more certain of us than I'm certain that I require oxygen to breathe.But when we think that they might finally be together, there's a series of misunderstandings and awful decisions that only lead to heartbreak...I remember that this book was intense before re-reading it, but I guess that's an understatement for all the emotional turmoil you go through while reading 'Collide', the angst in this book is out of this world!!! So, if you haven't read it yet, do it NOW! It's really, really good and the writing is excellent, but keep in mind that the ending of book 1 will leave you desperate for more, so make sure that you have 'Pulse' ready and read on!