Love, in English - Karina Halle

You burn so brightly. I would like to burn with you.

Moved by a sense of adventure and eagerness for new experiences, Vera Miles, a 23 year-old astronomy student from Vancouver, decides to spend her summer participating on a conversational English program in Spain.

Vera is a really refreshing character, believable and relatable, her qualities are not very common among the protagonists of the NA genre: she’s really honest, straightforward, free-spirited girl, she’s also a dreamer, introvert and someone who doesn’t do emotional attachments.

Sometimes you are stuck being the person you are and not the person you could be.

When Vera takes a risk and decides to partake in this program she’s not looking for romance, but among the many colorful characters she encounters in it, is the handsome, Spanish businessman and former soccer player, Mateo Casalles who’s 38 years-old, married and has a five-year old daughter.

Mateo is another great and refreshing character in this genre, he’s really passionate and confident but he’s also really sensitive. Mateo is one of the sexiest and swoon worthy male characters I’ve come across lately.

At first sight, Mateo and Vera seem like total opposites but there is an immediate attraction and the chemistry between them is intense.

I don’t want to reveal much more because this story needs to be fully experienced but you can expect an intense journey, full of emotion where you will feel the depth of the connection between Vera and Mateo, the guilt associated to their growing feelings and the internal struggle, tension, longing and heartache provoked by these complicated circumstances.

You will fall in love with these characters and you will treasure those delicious stolen moments, blissful siestas and some muy caliente activities between them.

The cultural element really enriches this story. The author is able to capture the Spanish lifestyle and share its essence perfectly.

From the beginning, Mateo and Vera’s connection feels pure and genuine and I have to say that for me, their story hit a little close to home, given that my own parents’ relationship had a really similar beginning to Mateo and Vera’s; so being familiar with the complexity of these situations and with the consequences it has on all involved parties, I really need to praise the realistic and flawless way the author approaches it and how it defies some really common stereotypes.

Love, In English is a beautiful, slow-burning forbidden romance and while its realistic quality is one of its greatest strengths, this is also one of the most romantic books I’ve ever read.

Original, superbly written, daring, realistic, funny, sexy, heart-warming, moving and inspirational - Love, in English - has all the qualities that I look for in a romance and for all the reasons mentioned before, it is one of the best NA/contemporary romance novels I've ever read.

ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review
Muchas Gracias Karina✮